Audience: Current Franklin University students needing to print from their own laptop while on Franklin University's Columbus, Ohio campus.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
Wireless printing has been setup for students living in central Ohio that are currently taking courses in the Phillips Hall library and in the Frasch Hall lobby.
1. Go to the printer in the Frasch lobby or to the printers within the library and make note of the printer name, which should be labeled on the machine.
2. Connect your laptop to the Franklin WiFi network. After connecting, open a browser such as Google Chrome. At this point, you may be prompted to log into the WiFi network using your University username and password.
3. After connecting and signing into the WiFi, go to the website print.franklin.edu. Sign in using your University username and password.
4. In the left-hand menu, choose Web Print.
5. Click Submit a Job.
6. Select the correct printer name from the available list of printers.
7. Click Upload Documents.
8. Click Upload from computer and select the document you wish to print.
9. Then click Upload & Complete and the file will print to the printer.
As printing can expose data from your computer or assignments, print at your own risk. Franklin University is not responsible for lost or stolen print outs. Franklin University student printers are to be used only for academic purposes only. Limit your printed documents to 25 pages. If you must print more than this, ask for assistance at the front desk. Students are required to adhere to Franklin University’s Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
Wish to log a request with the Help Desk? Use your Franklin University username and password to login: Log A Request