Audience: Franklin University instructors scheduling class Zoom sessions for courses taught in Canvas.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
Schedule a Single Meeting
Zoom Meetings can be scheduled from within a Canvas Course. Users access the Zoom for Canvas tool from the navigation area for the course. The landing page shows information on upcoming meetings and previous meetings. Any user with the correct permissions will see the Schedule a New Meeting button.
Schedule a Recurring Meeting
Zoom supports recurring meeting that sync with Canvas Calendar. Enable the Recurring meeting checkbox if you need to schedule daily, weekly, or monthly recurrences of a meeting. When this checkbox is enabled, you see the Recurrence, Frequency, and Count fields, where you can customize the number of meetings and how frequently they occur.
Note that when you schedule a recurring meeting, each occurrence is an independent event that is not linked to other instances of the meeting. This means that if you need to modify all instances of a meeting, each event must be edited individually.
Delete a Meeting
Only the meeting creator can delete a meeting that has been created using the Zoom for Canvas tool.
To delete a meeting
- On the Upcoming Meeting list, click Delete next to the meeting to be deleted.
- Click OK in the pop-up dialog to confirm that the meeting is to be deleted.
The event is removed from the Canvas calendar, and a new conversation notifies course members that the meeting has been deleted.
Automatically Create Meeting Notifications
Canvas users are notified via a Canvas conversation message and a Canvas calendar event when a meeting is created. If a meeting is deleted, Canvas users receive a Canvas conversation message and the meeting is removed from their Canvas calendar.
When you schedule a meeting, the Canvas Calendar is updated as shown in the following example:
People enrolled in the course receive a Canvas conversation message in their Canvas Inbox and can click the Join link to start or join the meeting at the scheduled time.
Start a Meeting
Users who have a Zoom Account can click Start to launch a scheduled meeting.
Click the All My Zoom Meetings/Recordings link then the Cloud Recordings tab to see the list of meetings that you recorded. If the recording is not ready, it will show a status of “processing”. When the recording is ready, you can play, share, or download the recording.
Play, Share and Download a Recording
- Click the All My Zoom Meetings/Recordings link then the Cloud Recordings tab to see the list of meetings that you recorded.
- Click a meeting topic to see the recordings files available for the meeting. Each meeting has multiple recordings, including a combined Audio/Video file and an Audio Only file.
- Click on the icon of the recording to begin playing it in a new window.
- Click the Download link below a file to download that file to the computer you are currently using.
- Click the Share link below the file you want to share.
- Click the Copy button to copy the recording links to the clipboard. This lets you share the copied links with anyone you choose.
Delete a Recording
- When you click Delete for a recording, Zoom moves the recording to the Trash.
- To delete all recordings associated with a particular meeting, click Delete on the My Recordings page. This moves all recordings for that meeting to the Trash.
- To delete a single recording, click a meeting topic to open the Recording Details page of that meeting, then click Delete to move that recording to the Trash
- To recover or delete a recording that is in the trash, click the Trash(x) link, then click either the Recover or Delete link for that recording. If you take no further action, the recordings in the trash will be saved for 30 days. To permanently delete the recordings in the trash, click Empty Trash.