Proxy as a Student
One of the most common issues an instructor may encounter is a student having issues with their account, but the instructor is unable to physically see the issue. To help counteract this issue, BlueQuill has a feature that allows instructors to proxy into a student's account. This means the instructor can literally go into a student's account, see what they see, and help with any troubleshooting issues.
IMPORTANT: Proxying in as a student means you can also make changes to a student's account. Anything done while proxying into their account is permanent, so be careful.
The instructions below will work for both the instructors and lead faculty of a course. For security purposes, this feature does NOT work, however, for someone with JumpTo access to a course.
To proxy in as a student:
- Navigate to the course home page of the course you are either teaching or managing.
- Open up the Hub tab on the far, right-hand side of your screen.
- Now you can navigate to any student within your course and click the proxy button next to their profile photo to proxy into that student's account:
- After clicking this icon, the student's account will open within the same page and look something like this:
- Notice the red banner at the top to warn you that you are currently logged into someone else's account. Keep this in mind so that you do not accidentally mistake this account with yours.
- Now you are seeing exactly what your student sees and you can help them with any problems regarding their account.
- Notice the "Leave Student View" button has replaced the "Log Out" button. This is what you will need to click to exit the student view. This will then take you back to the course home page through your personal account.