Audience: Franklin University faculty, staff, adjuncts, and students.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
Microsoft Teams is a powerful tool for collaboration that is available for all Franklin University students, staff, faculty, and adjuncts. To record your collaboration sessions, you will first need to schedule a meeting. More information is below.
You can download and install the Microsoft Teams desktop client at the following link: https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads
Scheduling a Meeting
1. Launch the Teams client and click the Meetings tab on the left-hand navbar.
2. Fill out your meeting details on the next screen. Students can ignore the "Select a channel to meet in" and "Location" dropdowns as these features are not available to students.
3. Fill in the email addresses of your attendees on the right and click Schedule when you are satisfied.
4. You'll then be taken back to the Meetings tab, and you'll be able to navigate through the calendar interface and see and select your meeting. This meeting should also be visible in your calendar within your email located at http://mail.franklin.edu
When the time for the meeting has arrived, select the meeting by clicking on it in the calendar view and then click the Join button in the top right. This will join the meeting.
5. You'll see the audio and video setup screen below. The sliders beneath the "Join now" button allow you to mute or unmute your camera and microphone before joining the room. You can click Custom Setup to choose which devices you would like to use as a camera and microphone if you have more than one on your computer. You can also join with no audio by clicking the "Audio off" button. Once you are satisfied, click the "Join now" button. You are now in the meeting.
Recording a Meeting
1. Inside of a meeting, hover over your picture in the middle of the screen and the meeting toolbar will appear. Click the ... button.
2. Click Start Recording
3. The recording will begin and you will see a red circle to the left of the meeting toolbar.
4. When you are ready to stop recording, click the ... button on the meeting toolbar and then click "Stop recording"
5. Click "Stop recording"
6. You'll then see a message that the recording is being processed and will be available shortly.
Retrieving a Recording
1. If you are still in the meeting, after the recording has finished processing you can access it from the Chat window. Click the speech bubble button on the meeting toolbar to open the Meeting chat pane, and then click the Download link to download the recording to your computer. NOTE: You'll see an error that says "Recording failed to upload to Microsoft Stream". This is normal and your recording can still be downloaded by clicking the Download link.
2. If the meeting has ended, it will show up in the Chat tab of teams under the Recent section. From this chat window you'll see the link to download the meeting. NOTE: You'll see an error that says "Recording failed to upload to Microsoft Stream". This is normal and your recording can still be downloaded by clicking the Download link.