Audience: Franklin or Urbana University Students. Instructors will not be able to conduct their Zoom session from a mobile device.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
The following document is for students only. Instructors will not be able to conduct their Zoom session from a mobile device.
Please note: This document uses screenshots from the Android version of the Zoom Meetings app. The process should be very similar on iOS devices
1. Head to the App Store / Play Store and download the Zoom Meetings app
2. On your desktop or laptop computer, navigate to your course in myFranklin, click the Apps menu in the blue menu bar at the top of your course, and then select Meet.
- You can also open a Meet session using the Franklin University Gateway app. For instructions, click here.
3. On the Zoom Meet landing page, obtain the 9 or 10 digit meeting ID
4. Launch the Zoom app on your device and click Sign In
5. On the Sign In screen, tap "SSO"
6. Type "franklin" in the company domain box and tap Continue
7. You'll be presented with the standard Franklin login page. Enter your Franklin email address and password and tap Sign In.
8. You'll then see this Sign In with SSO screen. Tap the Launch Zoom button to complete the sign in process
9. You'll then be presented with the Zoom main menu. Tap the blue Join button.
10. On the Join a Meeting screen, enter the 9 or 10 digit meeting ID you obtained earlier into the field at the top of the screen. Ensure that your real name appears in the Name box below. Tap Join Meeting
11. You'll then be taken into the meeting room. The audio menu will appear and ask you how you would like to connect to the room for audio. Tap "Call via Device Audio"
12. Now you've joined the meeting and are ready to participate!