Audience: Franklin and Urbana students who want to join Zoom meet sessions from the Gateway mobile app.
Meet Sessions in Gateway
Students can access their course meet sessions from their mobile phone, however, course meet sessions do not automatically show up in the Zoom app. To join a meet session:
- Obtain the meeting ID for the meet session you want to join. This is a 9 digit number that you can find by going into the BlueQuill meet tool or your instructor may have emailed it to you as well:
- Now, make sure you have the Zoom app downloaded and/or updated on your phone.
- Open up the Gateway mobile app and log in to your account.
- Open up the course that is holding a meet session you want to attend.
- At the bottom of your course's page, click on the Meet icon:
- This will cause the Zoom application to open up where you can then click "Sign In."
- Now choose the "SSO" option to sign in with your Franklin/Urbana credentials.
- Type in "Franklin" as the company domain and tap Continue.
- This will then pull up the standard Franklin/Urbana login page where you can enter your university credentials to log in.
- After you have logged in, click "Launch Zoom" to launch Zoom using your university login.
- From within Zoom, you can now click on the "Join" icon and type in your meeting ID:
- After clicking "Join Meeting" you should then be added to the meeting. From there, you can adjust your audio, video, share your screen, chat with your peers, and much more. For more information on using the Zoom app, check out Zoom's help articles here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/200305413-Mobile