Audience: Franklin and Urbana University staff
Disclaimer: This article only applies to the audience listed above.
Importing/Uploading Documents – Unity Client
Content can be imported to OnBase using a number of methods. Batch Scanning is covered under the scanning documents guide and must be done using the Unity client. Refer to that guide to learn how to scan batches of documents or sweep multiple documents into OnBase from network directories.
Perform the following steps to import a document using the Unity Client.
- Launch the Unity Client. To do this click on the Windows (Search) Magnifying Glass -> type in Unity -> and select Unity Client to launch. It will use your Windows credentials to login.
- Click Import on the Home tab at the top of your screen.
- Click Browse on the Import tab of the menu, and select the document you want to upload.
- Select the appropriate Document Type Group from the top drop down menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the appropriate Document Type from the second drop down menu
- The appropriate file type will be filled automatically based on the file selected for Do not change the file type! Doing so may cause a corrupted import.
- Enter keyword values. These values will be used to retrieve the document in a search. Keyword fields labeled in red are required in order to import the document.
- (Optional) Select Options as necessary.
- Click the Import button at the bottom (or on the Import tab of the menu) to upload to OnBase
- Your document is uploaded and is ready for manipulation within OnBase
Importing documents – Hyland Virtual Printer
Perform the following steps to import a document using the Hyland Virtual Printer. You MUST have the Unity Client open in order to preform the following steps successfully.
- Open the file you want to import into OnBase. Go to the File menu or right click and select Print. In the printer options window, change the printer name to Hyland Virtual Printer
- When the Unity client window open, select the Document Type Group and Document Type. Complete the keywords and click Import