Audience: Franklin and Urbana University staff
Disclaimer: This article only applies to the audience listed above.
Content can be imported to OnBase using a number of methods. Batch Scanning is covered under the scanning documents guide and must be done using the Unity client. Refer to that guide to learn how to scan batches of documents or sweep multiple documents into OnBase from network directories.
This guide details importing/uploading content using the OnBase Web client.
Perform the following steps to import a document using the OnBase Web client.
- Open any web browser and navigate to https://dms.franklin.edu
- Open the navigation menu
- Select Import Document
- Click Choose File to select a file to upload
- Select the appropriate document type group from the Document Type Groups drop down list
- Select the appropriate document type from the Document Types drop down list
- The appropriate file type will be filled automatically based on the file selected for import. Do not change the file type! Doing so may cause a corrupted import.
- Use the checkbox to indicate whether or not to Initiate Workflow processing for the document (if a workflow is configured for the selected document type) and assign a user, if needed
- Enter keyword values. These values will be used to retrieve the document in a search. Keyword fields labeled in red are required in order to import the document
- Click the Import button at the bottom of the panel
- OnBase shows that the document imported successfully in the top banner of the screen.