Audience: Franklin University faculty looking to use late policies in their rubrics.
Adding Late Policies to Rubrics
Rubrics now have a late policy automatically integrated into them with preset percentages to choose from. Instructors can also set custom late percentages as needed. To use late policies:
- Open up the assignment that uses a rubric.
- Click on a student's name to grade their assignment.
- Within the rubric criteria, you will see the red late policy row like so:
- Now you can click on any of the criteria squares to choose how many points to deduct for being late if needed.
- If you want to set your own custom percentage to deduct, simply click on the last square in the row titled "Exception".
- Clicking this square will cause a popup to appear where you can enter your custom percentage.
- When you are done, click on the "X" to close the popup and save your percentage. And that's all there is to using the late policies.