Audience: Franklin University staff and faculty, and outside parties who have rented this room
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
There are multiple microphone and speaker options for room Frasch 422/423.
- A handheld and lapel microphone, and ceiling speakers
- The audio from the microphones comes through the classroom speakers. This is often used by presenters to broadcast their voice to the back of the room
- The microphone appears in Windows as: Speaker Phone TesiraFORTE
- Two wall-mounted microphone and speaker combination units.
- The audio from the microphone does NOT broadcast from the classroom speakers. However, if an online participant talks back into the meeting, their voice will come through these speaker units. this option is often used for group collaboration and committee-style meetings.
- This option appears in Windows as: Speaker Phone 2 - HDL300
Only one of these options may be used at a time. These options cannot be switched during a teleconferencing meeting, such as a Skype for Business, Teams, or Zoom. Therefore it is important to know which option you plan to use before starting your meeting.
If you are using Teams for meetings in this room, you can switch between the audio options that are described above.
1. When opening the meeting, but before clicking Join Now, select the settings/gear icon to see other microphone options.
2. Use the drop down to choose between microphone/speaker options.
Configuring Skype for Business
1. In the main Skype for Business window, click the gear icon. Then mouse over Tools, and click Audio Device Settings in the pop-out menu.
2. Click the Audio Device entry on the left side of the options window that appears. Under Audio Device on the right hand side, click the drop down menu. You should see both options listed. Click the one you desire and then click OK at the bottom of the options menu.