Audience: Franklin University and Urbana University students, staff and faculty who use Creative Cloud software
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
As part of a new licensing model, all Franklin and Urbana students, staff, and faculty that use Adobe Creative Cloud software on campus will need to log in with an Adobe ID. This Adobe ID is not connected to your Franklin or Urbana account in any way. The process below outlines how to create an Adobe ID and sign in to a Creative Cloud application.
Creating a new Adobe ID
- Head to https://www.adobe.com/# and click "Sign In" in the top right.
- On the Sign In page, click the "Get an Adobe ID" link in the middle of the page.
- Fill out the Sign Up page with all of the relevant information. It is suggested that you use your university provided email address, but this is not necessary. Any email address will work.
- Click Sign Up. This will complete the account creation process.
- Open the Adobe application that you wish to use. You will be presented with the Sign In Required screen shown below. Click "Sign In Now"
- You'll be presented with the Sign In screen below. Fill in the email address and password you just created and click "Sign In"
- Allow 30-60 seconds for the licensing process to complete. You should then see the screen below. Click "Continue" and you can begin using your Adobe Create Cloud software
Recovering an Adobe ID Password
Your Adobe ID is not connected to your university account in any way. To recover your password, you'll need to use Adobe's password recovery process, outlined below. The Help Desk is unable to recover your Adobe ID password and cannot retrieve the email address you registered with.
- Head to https://www.adobe.com/# and click the Sign In link in the top right.
- On the Sign In screen, click the "Forgot password?" link.
- Enter the email address tied to your Adobe ID and click Next.
- Log in to your email account and find the Reset Your Adobe ID Password email. Click the link provided in the email.
- Fill out the Reset Your Password screen that opens and click "Reset my password" when finished.
Wish to log a request with the Help Desk? Use your Franklin or Urbana University username and password to login: Log A Request