Audience: Urbana University applicants working toward enrollment.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
For a quick overview of the password setup process, please view the video below.
Recent applicants of Urbana University should monitor the pre-enrollment processes using the applicant portal. This portal is a website designed by Urbana University that can be used to monitor processes as required by the Admission's Department. More information is below.
- If you have not yet applied: apply.urbana.edu
- To learn more about admission's requirements: https://www.urbana.edu/admissions/admission-requirements
Accessing the applicant portal
Applicant portal website: https://www.urbana.edu/myapplicant
To log in, you will need your username and password. You should have been sent your username by email after your application was submitted. However, if you are unable to locate that email, your username can be recovered.
- For more information about recovering your username and password: Click Here
You will not be able to access the full course system or your student email until after scheduling your first courses. Your first courses will need to be scheduled with your advisor.
How to use the applicant portal
Once you have logged into the applicant portal, you can complete processes needed prior to enrollment.
In the portal, you may see the following items.
- Green Buttons – Call to action
- Blue Check Mark – Step completed
- Drop Down Menu – Available options to choose from
Please keep in mind that once you have completed a call to action, back end processes may take a few days to complete. Therefore, it may take a few days from time of completing a step in this process, until you see a check mark indicating the step has been completed.
Here are possible steps you may need to complete – steps may vary per application type, program type, or other factor.
1. If you have submitted multiple applications, please select the application for which you wish to complete pre-enrollment steps.
2. If you have not submitted transcripts, you may be able to order your transcripts through the applicant portal. A green “request” button will show up next to the needed transcript.
- Alternatively, you can choose to have your transcript mailed in a sealed envelope, sent from the school, to the following address:
ATTN: Office of Admissions
579 College Way
Urbana, OH 43078
- Contact your previous school's registrar's office to request that your official transcript be sent directly to us at the address listed above.
- If you have some college experience, but will not be transferring at least 24 credits from an accredited college or university to Urbana, please provide us with both your high school and college transcripts.
3. Other calls to action in the portal may show up as forms you can fill out and submit online, forms your can download to your computer or phone, documents you can upload from your device, or even payments you can payment where applicable.
You may be asked to pay the tuition deposit in the applicant portal. If so, you will be able to choose if you wish to pay the tuition deposit, housing deposit, or both.
4. If you have not submitted your FAFSA, please see the following information: Click Here
More information may be found within the applicant portal.
Other Factors to Keep in Mind During Pre-enrollment
1. . If your application status indicates that you need to take placement tests, please Click here for more information.
2. Sometimes during the FAFSA process, the IRS will select you for verification. If selected, you will receive an email from Urbana's Financial Aid Office along with information regarding the forms you will need to submit.
3. Any applicant seeking to be a first-time freshman undergraduate degree-seeking students at Urbana University must supply standardized test scores (ACT / SAT) to be used for placement in courses, to determine athletic eligibility, and/or determine institutional scholarship qualification.
If you have any further questions about the admissions process:
If you have any questions about the Financial Aid process:
If you have any technical issue resetting your password:
Wish to log a request with the Help Desk? Use your Franklin or Urbana University username and password to login: Log A Request