Audience: Urbana University students needing to access the new Self Service.
Disclaimer: This article only applies to the audience listed above.
PLEASE SEE SECTION 5 BELOW FOR IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION REGARDING SUMMER AND FALL 2019
Beginning in Summer 2019, all registration and financial aid management will be handled in the new Self Service. This document will walk you through accessing this new system.
For the time being, you will have two accounts. Your first account is your new Self Service account, which is only in place to access that system. Your second account is your current account. This current account is the one you use to access BlueQuill, email, on-campus Wi-Fi, and more. You can continue to use this current account and the new Self Service account simultaneously.
More information will be distributed in the future regarding how these two accounts will interact.
Set Your Password for Urbana Systems
For most students, your new Self Service, email and BlueQuill account username is the same your current username, which is your last name, period, and the last four numbers of your student ID number. For example: adams.9999
1. Go to password.urbana.edu.
2. Below the log in boxes, click on the Set/Recovery Password button.
3. Enter your username and press Search.
4. The next screen will indicate that a password will be sent to your recovery email address. In most cases, this will be your student email address. Press Continue.
5. Check the recovery email address that was indicated on the previous screen. An email about your password will come from Franklin University. That email will contain a code that will need copied back into the password.urbana.edu website.
6. After copying the code from your recovery email, you will be able to reset your password for the new Self Service website.
Change your Recovery Email Address
If your recovery email address was set to your student email address, this will need updated. Down the road, the password manager (password.urbana.edu) will be used for all password recoveries. Therefore, you will need to have a personal email address in place as your recovery email address, not your “@urbana.edu” email address.
1. Once you have set your password by following the steps in the previous section, log in to http://password.urbana.edu with your username and the password you just set
2. Once logged in, click on Recovery Email
3. Change your recovery email address to a personal email address, such as a Gmail or Yahoo address, and press Update
4. Log into the personal email address that you entered and retrieve the code that was sent to you in an email from Franklin University. Copy the code from that email and paste in into the Code window on the password manager site and press Check Code.
5. You'll see a progress bar begin to fill. Once it is complete, the your personal email address should now be set as your recovery address.
Logging in to the New Self Service
The new Self Service can be accessed here: selfservice.urbana.edu
Please MAKE SURE to only log in with your username, NOT your full email address.
For most students, your new Self Service account username is the same your current username, which is your last name, period, and the last four numbers of your student ID number. For example: adams.9999
Logging in to Your Urbana Email
You can sign in to your Urbana email with your full Urbana email address, which is "firstname.lastname@example.org". You can sign in to your email at the following site:
Logging in to BlueQuill
You can sign in to BlueQuill, Urbana's learning management system, using your username and password. You can access it at the link below:
Registration Instructions for Summer and Fall 2019
For Summer and Fall terms in 2019, ALL Urbana students will be required to meet face to face with their academic advisor before scheduling classes in the new Self Service. Please try to schedule an appointment on either March 18, 19, or 20 for summer, and as soon as possible for the fall. You can access the appointment scheduling system at the link below: