Audience: Franklin University BlueQuill and Gateway app users.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience and website listed above.
In this article:
Notification Center Overview
The notification center is a feature that allows the University to send out messages to students about their University account. These messages may be about your financial account, registration information, and more.
It is important to note that these messages do not come from your Instructors. The messages are from the University and are not related to course work, class communications, feedback, or any other specific course notifications.
For a quick overview of this feature, please see the video below:
Using the Notification Center
When you first log in to Gateway, you will see the Notification Center icon at the bottom of the screen:
The orange circle on the icon has a number that indicates how many notifications you have. If you have any urgent messages, the Notification Center will automatically open up, like so:
The Notification Center shows a quick tutorial of how to use this menu as well as any notifications you have below. Tap on each message to view the message's contents, or you may tap on the Home icon to return to your Home screen. Here is an example of what a message looks like:
There are 2 types of messages, urgent and standard.
- Urgent messages cause the notification center to open upon login and are marked with an orange exclamation mark next to them. These messages require action before they can be removed from your notification center. An example of an urgent message would be that you have a past balance due.
- Standard messages appear in your notification center, but do not require any action. They are marked with a blue speech bubble next to them. These messages are usually something important but don't require immediate action. An example would be a notification reminding you about registering for the next semester.
Each message will have a date listed next to it to let you know when the notification appeared. This can be useful in case you performed an action but the notification has not disappeared yet. This is normal and is nothing to worry about, notifications can take up to 48 hours to disappear.
To delete messages:
- Long press on the message you want to delete to bring up the "Delete" option, like so:
- Now you can tap on each message you would like to delete and tap on the "Delete" button.
- NOTE: Urgent messages can not be deleted. They require you to perform an action first and then the message will automatically be deleted within 24-48 hours.