Audience: Franklin University faculty and staff with Multi-Factor Authentication enabled on their Office 365 accounts and who use LibCal for appointment scheduling
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above
If you are someone who utilizes LibCal, you will have to perform an additional step after MFA enrollment to get LibCal to sync with your calendar again. If you do not utilize LibCal, you may disregard this message.
Follow this procedure to generate an “app password.” This will be used in place of your normal password for LibCal integration. Copy this password and save it somewhere temporarily. You will only need to use this password once.
After you have generated an app password, log in to your LibCal control panel. Click on “Appointments” and then “Integrations.”
- Scroll to the bottom to where it says “Outlook/Exchange Settings.”
- Click the blue button that says Authorize with Microsoft Account
- This should open the Franklin Office 365 login screen. Input your Franklin email address and password.
- You should be taken back to the LibCal Integrations screen. You should see a green bar that shows that your account has been authorized by Microsoft/Outlook account.
- Use the dropdown box labeled Calendar to select the "Calendar" entry. Ensure that the Enabled checkmark appears and click Save.
If the connection succeeds, your LibCal integration with Outlook should now be working again. If it is not, please contact the Help Desk for additional troubleshooting.