Audience: Franklin University students taking courses with McGraw-Hill Connect courseware.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
There are 3 main McGraw-Hill Platforms used for e-textbooks with Courseware at Franklin University:
- Connect (sometimes called Connect Plus)
- Connect Math
This article is about Connect.
This document will outline the procedure that students will use to set up and access the McGraw-Hill Connect portion of their online course. Topics:
Accessing McGraw-Hill Connect
- Students will access McGraw-Hill Connect through a learning object in their course in BlueQuill.
- Click the learning object, and click Open on the next screen
- This should take you to the main Connect page, the look of which will vary based on the specific Connect product in use.
- You will need to activate your e-textbook code with Connect. You may be taken directly to a screen like the one below. You may also need to click a message at the top of your Connect page saying that you need to purchase access. Clicking that message should take you to the page that looks similar to the one below. Click Continue to associate your e-textbook with your Connect class.
- Your Connect product should now be activated and associated with your BlueQuill course. On subsequent clicks of the Open button in the Connect learning object in your course, you should be taken directly to this page.
You may encounter a screen where you are being asked to purchase access, or enter a registration code for a course that is supposed to have integrated McGraw-Hill Connect access. A screen like this likely means that McGraw-Hill is processing the course for integration. As a workaround, please follow these steps to access the courseware platform:
1. Make sure to access the courseware through BlueQuill. Use steps 1 and 2 from the section above entitled: Accessing McGraw-Hill Connect. You must access your e-textbooks and courseware using this method for all courses with e-textbook and/or courseware integration.
2. If you still access this screen (where you are being prompted to purchase the book), click “Start Courtesy Access” (it could also say “Access Now”) in the temporary access area. This will give you two-weeks of courtesy access while the publisher completes setup.
Note: You will eventually need to switch from Courtesy Access to Full Access. A message will appear at the top of the courseware page, asking you to “Purchase Access.” When you click this, if you have not opted out, you will be taken to a screen where you can “purchase” access, but the cost will appear as $0.00. There is no difference between these two levels of access.
You may encounter a screen like the one below indicating that your course has not yet been paired to Connect. This means that your instructor has not completed the setup for the Connect session for your course. You may follow up with your instructor for additional information.
For more information about using McGraw-Hill Courseware: Click Here