Audience: Franklin University students taking courses that are using McGraw-Hill Connect or Connect Plus courseware
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
There are 3 main McGraw-Hill Platforms used for eTextbooks with Courseware at Franklin University:
- Connect (sometimes called Connect Plus)
- Connect Math
This article is about Connect.
Some courses that use McGraw-Hill Connect or Connect Plus courseware allow for the connection of McGraw-Hill content on your mobile device using the Learn Smart app. This app was made and maintained by McGraw-Hill.
However, getting logged into this application can be tricky, since your course most likely uses pass through authentication from BlueQuill to McGraw-Hill. In other words, if you can navigate to your course in BlueQuill, click on an icon in BlueQuill that open McGraw-Hill Connect or Connect Plus and logs you in, some information is passed from BlueQuill to Connect/Connect Plus, such as your email address. But your BlueQuill password is not passed through.
Therefore, when the Learn Smart app asks you to sign in, you will need to use your student email address. However, any password you attempt will likely get initially rejected by the Learn Smart app.
The Fix (screen shots below):
1. Log into BlueQuill on your computer.
2. Go to McGraw-Hill Connect or Connect Plus using the icon from BlueQuill.
3. Sign out of McGraw-Hill Connect or Connect Plus.
4. Click Forgot Password to start the password reset process with McGraw-Hill. The updated password you set with McGraw-Hill can then be used to sign into the Learn Smart app.