Audience: All Franklin and Urbana University users with University Office365 email accounts.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
If you suspect that your account has been compromised in any way, please contact the Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Help Desk can temporarily deactivate your account if our system administrators at anytime suspect that your account might be compromised. Your account may considered to be compromised it would be for one of the following reasons:
- Suspicious logon activity
- Your account is listed in the results of a data breach on another site
- Spam or other abuse of service was reported for your account
If your account has been temporarily deactivated for any of the reasons listed above, please contact the Help Desk for account reactivation.
Some advice for password management:
- Use a unique password for each of your important accounts like email, social media, and online banking.
- Keep your passwords in a secret place that is not easily visible.
- Use a long password made up of numbers, letters and symbols.
- Try using a phrase that only you know and not based on personal identity factors such as birthdays or addresses.
- Do not share your passwords with other people.
Other account security standards:
- Do not ever respond to any emails that request for you to "upgrade your mailbox storage size" or that contain any links for any kind of mailbox maintenance. These emails are not legitimate.
- Only use your University email account to register for education related communications and services.
- Do not leave your username and password saved in a browser of a work computer, public computer, or shared computer. This can allow others to access your BlueQuill and email accounts.
- Regularly scan your personal computer with anti-virus software.
For information about phishing emails and best practice tips, click here.