Audience: Faculty, Staff, Students and Guest on Urbana University on Campus accessing the campus WiFi networks.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
How to connect to campus WiFi networks using a phone or computer
The following WiFi networks can be used to for computers, phones, or mobile devices. See each network for log in instructions and troubleshooting tips.
1. UUSecureWiFi: The main WiFi network to be used by faculty, staff, and students to remember devices when your device is in range of the WiFi signal. University issued computers that are not plugged into the network will automatically authenticate on this network.
Login: Use your username (not your full email address) and password to log in. This networks also works for Franklin University log in credentials as well. Login works for up to 5 devices per username and password.
- If you are connecting with an Android device and asked for an Identity and Anonymous Identity, leave the Anonymous Identity field blank.
- If your username and password have been typed incorrectly, or if your username and password have been recently changed, you may be unable to connect. To troubleshoot, please have your device forget the network and try connecting again with your current username and password.
2. UUWiFi: Alternate WiFi network for devices having trouble connecting to UUSecureWiFi. Unlike UUSecureWiFi, UUWiFi will require users to login to the network again every 120 days.
Login and Troubleshooting: same as UUSecureWiFi instructions above.
3. UUGuestWiFi: Click Here
Connecting to WiFi using gaming console, smart TV, or media player
Many devices will not correctly to the UUWiFi network due to security protocols. However, if you are a student living on campus, the Help Desk can create a network exception to allow your device to connect automatically.
Some devices that have trouble accessing the WiFi networks: XBox decvices, PlayStation devices, Nintendo devices, Smart TVs, Roku devices, Chrome Cast, and others.
1. Have the device connect to UUWiFi.
2. When/if prompted, enter your Self Service credentials for log in.
3. If log in fails, you will need to find the MAC address of the device. The MAC address is most likely within a settings menu. Because each device is different, please complete a Google search for instructions for finding the MAC address for your device type.
4. Contact the Help Desk with your:
- Device type (XBox, Apple TV, ...)
- Device MAC address
- Your Self Service username
Guest Wifi Access
The UUGuestWiFi Network: The guest WiFi network can be used by any guest on Urbana University campus. Access is limited and users will be blocked from access if long-term WiFi access is attempted. For best use and to avoid blocked access, please only use the WiFi network for short term access needs (3 days or less).
Login: To connect to UUGuestWiFi, please choose the WiFi network while on Urbana University campus. Next, open your browser and attempt to navigate to a web-page to be prompted for your email address. An email address is required to gain short-term access to the WiFi network (example shown below).