Audience: Franklin University Faculty and Staff that have been granted IT permission to use Skype for Business to setup and conduct conference calls.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
- What is Skype for Business Teleconferencing
- Requesting Skype for Business Teleconferencing
- Setup a Skype for Business Teleconferencing Meeting
- Joining a Skype for Business Teleconference as the Meeting Organizer by Phone
- Joining Skype Teleconference by the Skype for Business Client
- Resetting your Administrator PIN
What is Skype for Business Teleconference
Skype for Business Teleconferencing adds a conference phone line to your Skype for Business meetings. Meeting participants can connect to the Skype meeting from any telephone with or from a computer.
- Dial-in access to Skype for Business Meetings, allowing participants to join Skype for Business meetings from any telephone.
- Schedule conferences through the Office 365 online email or Outlook client.
- Tolled dial-in from numbers in the U.S. and many countries.
- All Skype for Business meeting features remain available for participants accessing with the Skype for Business client.
Requesting Skype for Business Teleconferencing
Not all Franklin University Faculty and Staff have this feature enabled for their Office 365 account.
Please keep in mind that you do not need this feature activated at add a user to your Skype for Business meeting to join by phone. Click here for more information
However, if you feel you have a valid business justification for scheduling these meetings, please send an email with said justification to the Help Desk.
Setup a Skype for Business Teleconferencing Meeting
1. After you have requested access to teleconferencing, you will receive an email with your organizer Pin. The Pin is needed when you host a meeting while dialing in from your phone (not needed when hosting a meeting from the Skype for Business desktop client).
2. If you need to reset your pin, or if you forget your PIN, Click Here.
3. Start as you would normally by going to your Outlook calendar.
4. Click the Skype Meeting button on the ribbon.
5. Enter the attendee and date/time data as for a standard meeting. A link is automatically added to your meeting request that invitees can click to join the conversation.
6. The teleconferencing data will automatically be added to the body of your message, and sent by email to all the participants you specify. This is the information they will use to join your teleconference.
Joining a Skype for Business Teleconference as the Meeting Organizer by Phone
The meeting will be open to anyone who you have invited. They can join by phone or by using the dial-in phone number provided in the meeting invitation.
However, if all users are joining by phone, the organized will be required to enter a PIN to start the meeting. As soon as you enter your PIN when arriving by phone, or any user enters the meeting using the Skype for Business client, all users can access the meeting and interact.
If you have forgotten your PIN, Click Here.
Joining Skype Teleconference by the Skype for Business Client
1. Users may also join a teleconference via the Skype for Business desktop client.
2. By clicking the "Join Skype Meeting" link in the calendar event, the Skype for Business client will launch and the user will be taken to the conference where they will be able to seamless integrate with call-in users.
Resetting Your Skype for Business PIN
If you are leading a Skype for Business meeting by phone and need to reset your administrator PIN to start the meeting, you can follow the steps below:
1. Open the Skype Meeting through Outlook.
2. Press "Forgot your dial-in PIN?".
3. That will take you to a web page with alternate dial in phone numbers. Press link at the top of the page (as shown below).
4. You may be asked to sign into Office365 at this point. Sign in with your full email address (email@example.com) and University password.
5. Click the "Reset PIN" button.
6. Make note of your PIN somewhere so that it can be accessed in the future.