Audience: Franklin and Urbana University faculty, staff, and students with Office 365 accounts.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
My Sign-in Information is Getting Rejected
Skype for Business stores sign-in locally on your computer pull information quickly and efficiently. However, there are times where it is necessary or helpful to delete those files and force a fresh sign-in.
Common reasons you will want to clear your stored sign-in to Skype for Business:
- You can't log in
- You cannot schedule Skype for Business meetings using your Outlook calendar
- You cannot change your Presence in Skype for Business
1. Sign out of Skype for Business
2. Delete your sign in info
3. Choose Yes
4. Exit Skype for Business
Please let the Help Desk know if you still cannot sign in after clearing your sign-in credentials and attempt to log in again.
I cannot log into Skype for Business using a Mac
For Skype for Business users on a Mac, some users are not able to sign-in with their email address and password. If you have tried the steps above and are still unsuccessful, please try the steps below.
1. Install the Skype for Business for Mac 2016 application. Please keep in mind that this application works best for users who are using Office for Mac 2016. Older versions of Office for Mac and Skype for Business for Mac 2011 do not always play nice together.
Franklin and Urbana students, faculty, and staff can download and install Skype for Business as part of Microsoft Office for free. Click Here for instructions.
2. Follow these Log in steps:
a. Sign in using your full email address and you password.
b. Click Advanced.
c. Under Authentication, clear the Use Kerberos check box.
d. Under Connection Settings, click Manual configuration.
e. In both the Internal Server Name box and the External Server Name box, type or paste: sipdir.online.lync.com:443
f. Click OK
g. Click Sign In.