Audience: Franklin University Instructors managing Meet/Adobe Connect recordings and Students viewing Meet/Adobe Connect recordings.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
- Viewing Recordings
- Instructor Only - Starting the Recording
- Instructor Only - Stopping the Recording
- Instructor Only - Managing Who Can See the Recording
- Instructor Only - Sharing Links to a Recording
- Instructor Only - Make an Offline Recording
Recording can be located in the Meet app page, which is part of the Apps menu. If a recording(s) that you are looking for isn't listed, your instructor may have not made the recording public yet. Instructions for your instructor to change the recording to public are listed below. Recording access is up to the discretion of the professor.
Recordings are not view-able through the Adobe Connect app for mobile devices. For more information, Click Here.
Starting the Recording
As an instructor you have the permission to start a recording. To do so, use the Record Meeting option in the Meeting tab.
When starting the recording, you will be prompted to enter a recording title. This title will be visible to students after you finish the recording and change the view to public (instructions below).
Stopping the Recording
Once the recording has started, you can click on the red-dot icon to see options to stop or pause the recording. You will need to stop the recording before managing it. Please note that exiting the session does not automatically stop recording. Please manually stop recording when the session is complete, before exiting the session.
Managing Who Can See the Recording
Recordings default to "Private", meaning students do not have access to view them. This process allows time to edit the recording before students can view it. The recordings will need to be made “Public” by the instructor for students to access them. This process is manual and doesn’t take place automatically.
- Log into BlueQuill and open your course. Under the Apps menu, open the Meet app page.
- All previous recordings will be listed on this page. Select the recording you wish to make public and click on the drop-down menus display. This will make the recording available to students.
Sharing Links to a Recording
If you need to share a recording with others not enrolled in the course, such as students in a different course or non-students, you can share a direct link to a recording.
1. After the meeting is done and the recording has been stopped, click on the Meeting tab and select Manage Meeting Information.
- Click on the Recordings option and you will see any previous recordings. You will be able to make the “Public” or “Private”, similar to the steps listed in the previous method.
Make an Offline Recording
It is possible for instructors to create offline versions of their recording. This process can be used to archive old recordings, which can be stored or uploaded to another source (such as YouTube).
This process can be slow, as the recording has to be watched in real-time, all the way through during the conversion of the recording to offline file.
1. Enter the Adobe Connect meeting room that has the desired recording associated with it.
2. Next Click on the Meeting tab and select “Manage Meeting Information”
3. Click on the Recordings tab.
4. From the Actions drop-down on the recording you want, choose “Make Offline”.
5. If the Adobe connect Add-in is not installed on your machine you must install it. This process utilizes the Add-in. After installing the Add-in, start the process again.
6. When prompted, click Proceed with Offline Recording.
7. You will then be given a screen where you can pick the file type and the resolution. We suggest using the .mp4 file type.
8. Pick a location to save the recording to and give it a name.
9. Sit back and let the video play while it exports it to an .mp4 or .flv file. The recording will play back in real time, so it will take the length of time that the recording is in order to convert it.
10. Once the .mp4 or .flv file creation is complete, open the file to test it.