Audience: Franklin and Urbana University Faculty and Staff using their university-owned computers to print documents on campus.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to audience listed above.
This document can be used to guarantee that sensitive documents do not get accessed by others before you reach the printer. The following will show you how to setup a print-job with a code, so that only you can retrieve that job, and printing will not start until you enter the code into the printer.
1. At your computer, when ready to print click ‘File’ and 'Print'.
2. Select the printer you want.
3. Select ‘Printer Properties’
4. Select the ‘Job Storage’ tab.
5. Select ‘Personal Job’.
6. Change the ‘Make Job Private/Secure’ setting from ‘none’ to ‘PIN to print’.
7. Enter a four digit PIN of your choosing.
8. After entering the PIN, Click 'OK'.
9. Click 'Print'.
The rest of these steps will be completed by you when physically at the printer.
10. At the printer you selected, on the touch panel find and press ‘Job Storage’.
11. Look for and press the folder labeled with your user name (same username that you use to log into your computer).
12. Find and press the file/print-job you need to print.
13. Enter the PIN you set for that print job (Step 7 above).
14. Press the Start button on the printer to print the job
15. The job will be deleted from the printer (no longer a saved print job stored in the printer) once the document has started printing.