Due Date Extension:
Instructors now have the ability to change the "Starting on" and "Ending on" dates for assignments. This can be done for an entire class or individual students as well.
NOTE: Changing the date of an assignment labeled as "TBA" will only set the initial date for that object. It will not behave like a normal due date extension until you change the date again after setting the initial date. This means when setting the initial date, no emails will be sent out to inform students or Lead Faculty of the change.
How to Change a Due Date for an Entire Class:
1. Navigate to the learning object/assignment that requires a date change. Next to the "Starting on" and "Ending on" labels, you will see a pencil icon. Click this icon to pull up a date picker.
2. Once the date picker has opened, navigate to the correct month and day that you wish to set as the new due date. Click the date and then enter your reason for the extension. This field is required so that Lead Faculty may know why the change was necessary.
- NOTE: Once a due date has been changed, an email will be sent out to all students and the Lead Faculty to notify them of the change.
3. Click the "Update Due Date" button to submit the due date change.
How to Change a Due Date for a Single Student:
1. Navigate to the learning object/assignment that requires a due date extension. From here, open the class hub and find the student's name who requires a due date extension. Click on the blue calendar icon as shown below to pull open a date picker for that student.
2. In the date picker, choose the due date for the individual student and enter a reason for the extension. Like when changing a due date for the entire class, you must submit a reason for the extension. Once you hit the "Update Due Date" button, the due date will save for that student and an email will be sent out to just the student, not the Lead Faculty.
- NOTE: If a student was given an extension and the class was given an extension as well, the later date will be the one kept for the individual student.