Discussion Filter Overview
When grading discussion posts, it can sometimes be a lot easier to view a single student's post versus everyone's. The discuss filter lets you do just that.
To filter a discussion thread to see a specific student's posts, you have 3 options.
- Navigate to the object that contains a discussion post you would like to view.
- Click on this icon to show the discussion analytics:
- This will then pull open a list of students and their activity data. Click on a student's name to filter discussion posts to show only that user's posts.
- Then you will need to scroll down the page to the discussion topic.
- Expand the topic to see only the student's posts that you highlighted in step 4.
- NOTE: The user name and how many posts that user has created for that topic appear at the top, highlighted in blue.
- Click on the user's name to turn off the filter.
- From the discussion forum you would like to filter, click on any user's name to view only that user's posts.
- Click their name again to remove the filter.
- From the object's page containing a discussion post, open up the Hub on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Click on the icon shown below to see only that user's posts.
- Click this icon or the user's name on a discussion post to turn off the filter.