In this article:
Emailing Users from the Hub Overview
Sometimes you may find yourself needing to email a classmate, your professor, your entire class, or even all of your courses. This can easily be done straight from the Hub. Simply select either certain users or your entire class, copy their email addresses, or directly email them as well. For an overview of how this feature works, see the video below:
Copy Email Addresses
If you would simply like to copy a list of users' email addresses to paste into an email, this can easily be done following these steps:
- If you want to email all of your courses, open up the Hub from your BlueQuill homepage.
- If you want to email only certain people or a certain course, navigate to the course that contains the users you would like to email and open up the Hub from there.
- Now you will see all users from your course(s) in the Hub. If you would like to email your entire class(es), click on "Select All":
- You will then see all user icons will be selected. You can now click on "Copy Addresses" to copy all of the users' email addresses. Paste into your "To:" section of your email to send an email to those users.
- If you would like to only select certain users, then you can click on each user's photo to select them individually. When you hover over a user's icon, you will see the cursor change to the "@+" or "@-" symbol to indicate adding/removing the person from being selected:
- Once you have selected all of the users you wish to email, click on "Copy Addresses" to copy their email addresses. Paste into your "To:" section of your email to send an email to those users.
- After clicking on "Copy Addresses", you will see this icon to confirm the addresses were copied:
- If at any time you need to deselect all users, you can click on "Clear Selections" to start over.
Directly Email Users
If you have a default email client setup on your computer, such as Outlook, then you can directly email users from the Hub. To do this:
- Follow the directions above to select either specific users or an entire course to email.
- Then, from within the Hub, after selecting your users you will see the "Email" button:
- Click this button to automatically open up a new email in your default email client. You will notice that all of the email addresses will be pasted into the new email so that all you have to do now is write the email and hit send.