Audience: BlueQuill users that are NOT a part of Franklin University.
Disclaimer: This feature is not available for Franklin University users, as there is now a new landing page. See more info on this update here.
In this article:
- Traditional Calendar View Overview
- Navigating the Calendar
- Filtering the Calendar
- Exporting Your Calendar
Traditional Calendar View Overview
The BlueQuill home page offers users a calendar view in addition to the standard view. This calendar allows users to filter between courses and see which assignments are due per course. this view can also be set as your default view when logging into BlueQuill.
Navigating the Calendar
To open up the calendar view:
- Navigate to your BlueQuill home page and click the "Calendar" button:
- This will open up the calendar view, which will look like this:
- NOTE: You can click on the "Courses" tab again to switch back to the standard view at any time.
- If you would like to set this view as your default view when logging into BlueQuill, click on the "Make this my default view" button next to the Calendar tab.
- There are a couple of things to note with navigating the calendar:
- Use the arrow buttons at the top, left of the calendar to navigate between the months/weeks.
- The calendar allows users to view either a monthly or weekly view by clicking the "month" and "week" buttons in the top, right hand corner:
- You can also click on the "today" button to jump back to today's date at any time:
- All of your courses will be listed to the left of the calendar. Each course is color coded so that you can easily spot which objects relate to which course on the calendar.
- Clicking on any assignment in the calendar will open up the assignment's page.
Filtering the Calendar
To filter the calendar to display only certain courses:
- Open up the calendar view from your BlueQuill home page.
- From your calendar, click on all of the courses that you want to display. Each selected course will turn from being outlined by a color to being a solid color, like so:
- Click on a course again to deselect it, or click on "Clear Filters" at the bottom of the list of courses to remove all filtering.
Exporting Your Calendar
If you would like to add your BlueQuill calendar to another popular calendar application, such as Outlook, follow these steps:
- From the calendar view, click on "Export Calendar":
- This will create a custom URL address specific to your calendar. Hover over the end of the URL to make the Copy button appear. Click Copy to copy the URL to the clipboard.
- You will see a confirmation message that the URL has been copied to your clipboard. Now, the calendar can be imported into other applications, such as Microsoft Outlook or Google Calendar.
- Please refer to your specific phone/tablet’s instructions for subscribing to an outside calendar. Most have wizards that will step you through the process.
You may also paste the URL into a new browser tab to download the ICS file to your device. Clicking on the link from your device will often guide you through the calendar import wizard of the application you wish to use.
You can also paste the URL into an email, send it to yourself and then click on the link to the ICS file on your smartphone. This should also start the setup process on your device.